• Manager/Agent must support datagrams of at least 484B
– IP fragmentation can increase sensitivity to loss which may causes message damage.
– The error 'tooBig' occurs when Response is too large to fit in datagram, and Manager need to separate large request into several smaller requests.
• One SNMP message can carry multiple PDUs.
– For example, GetRequest + SetRequest
• Response to failure of some requests:
if requests fail, there're two PDU types to response this:
– Set: All requests in a message succeed or none.
– Get: SNMPv2 can return values for valid requests and point to erroneous request and also it point to erroneous request with error-index.